Saturday, September 27, 2008

Oh To Touch The Hem of His Garment

I sometimes think about what a gift it would be to touch the hem of Jesus’ garment. I was looking at obedience today and wondering how I will ever measure up to what God has for me. As a child I started training for the Olympics in swimming and it just became a habit to compete and I have done it ever since. I even made my drug use a competition. Had to see who could use the most and still be able to function. Then I began using and working and that even became a game I had to win. So how am I going to be able to be obedient and still live in Grace with out having to compete?

To position myself under the headship of Jesus and learn to do what He requires of me, well this sounds like I have to earn my way somewhere. I cannot earn anything it was a gift given to me by the One and only Person who was a perfect example of Obedience. A love relationship with this person is the only true way to obedience. To desire to please Jesus in all that I do to the point where I desire to inhale every word the proceeds from the mouth of God and when I do that the Holy Spirit will carry me wherever I need to go. “I will put My Spirit within you and cause you to walk in My statues, and you will keep My judgments and do them” Ezekiel 36:26.

I know that there are many reasons to obey God but for me there is only one because He wants me to. Whatever we ask we receive from him, because we keep His commandments and do those things that are pleasing in His sight. 1John 3:22

For the Lord God is a sun and shield; the Lord will give grace and glory; no good thing will He withhold from those who walk upright. Ps 84:11

Blessed are those who hear the Word of God and keep it! Luke 11:28

Lord, thank you for your words that refresh me daily.

No comments: