Monday, March 9, 2009

Cranky Driver

I was on my way to work the other day, just praising God, when a lady pulled right out in front of me. I yelled "you idiot" and then just kept on praising God. Guess what happened then, ya if you said God spoke to me you can say that again. He did loud and clear.
Proverbs 4:20-24
My daughter, pay attention to what I say;
listen closely to My words.

Do not let them out of your sight,
keep them within your heart;

for they are life to those who find them
and health to a man's whole body.

Above all else, guard your heart,
for it is the wellspring of life.

Put away perversity from your mouth;
keep corrupt talk far from your lips.


The words we speak are determined by our hearts. What kind of treasure is in your heart Cherylynn. That really stopped me short. By your words you will be justified and by your words you will be condemned. Pretty serious stuff if you ask me.

The scripture tells me that my tongue determines the course my life will take. It is up to me to take responsibility for my mouth. The only way to make sure I speak only edifying things is to only take in edifying things. To fill my heart with the word of God. Proverbs 4 tells me to give attention to God's word and the way to do that is to hear it. Faith comes by hearing and as I speak God's word I sow seeds into my heart. God is the same yesterday, today, and tomorrow so to know the word is to know God.

I just want to thank you Lord for the correction that you give me daily.

No comments: