Saturday, February 21, 2009

Surrender

Some times it is hard for me to be disciplined in any area of my life and as I was praying about why I am not committed to be in the word every day and why I am not committed to lose weight and become healthy I came upon these five reasons. It now has become time to makes 5 decisions that will change my walk with God and my health. I need to trust that God has my best interests at heart. The big word here is trust that God can and will be here for me in all my circumstances.

These are the 5 decisions I have decided that I need to make to be all I was meant to be in Christ Jesus.

1. Be truthful (to God and to myself)
2. Be forgiving (all those who trespass against me especially myself)
3. Be committed (to be all God has for me to be)
4. Be interested ( in all things of God and in myself)
5. Surrender ( surrender all things to God even the things I keep locked up in my messy room that I don't let anyone see that lurks in the background all the time)

To start off I wrote a surrender statement to God.

Here is my statement;

I surrender today to you God. I am going to be all You intended me to be Father. Father help me to not give up when things get hard. Show me how to press thru no matter what and most of all Father give me Agapeo love for You, the same as You have for me. Lord help me to lay all things at your feet. Oh thank you God for being my strength and my refuge. I am the one you love and died for thank you Jesus.

I hardest thing for me is to be forgiving of myself and feel worthy of Gods love. I know in my head that this is not true, but I now want that to be a known fact to me in my heart.
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future" Jeremiah 29:11

If you have been fighting a losing battle for years and are ready for a change consider writing a surrender statement to God and saying it every morning before you do anything, to help you stay on track.


No comments: