Saturday, April 24, 2010

Do I Listen For God?

One of the things I am personally going through is asking God and then listening for Him to answer, instead I ask God and just going on as if He didn't hear me and take care of it to the best of my ability. I work in the medical field and it is very easy to just ask for healing and when it doesn't happen instantly running off to a doctor. My back has been bothering my the last few weeks and it now is getting where it is hard to walk in the mornings due to the leg and hip pain. Of course as I am complaining and going on how bad the pain is to Harold, he says "Cherylynn just ask God to heal you". So I started to pray and ask God to heal me, but in the mean time I make a doctors appointment. Well I work for the doctor that I go to and you would think that I could get seen right away, which for the most part happens. Well not this time. I had to schedule an appointment for the 15th of April and then the doctor decided to change his schedule and I had to put my appointment off until the 21st. In the mean time Harold and I are discussing my situation and he says to me " I don't think you are listening to God " of course I say "what are you talking about I have been crying out to God for 2 weeks now and have heard nothing" well then of course Harold ( very lovingly by the way) says " I have heard you complain about your weight and how if you lost 20lbs your back would of course not have the pressure on it and would feel a lot better so why don't you go to Jenny Craig and try to lose some weight I think that is what God is trying to tell you." Well I now have been going to Jenny Craig's for a week and have lost some weight and will be continuing to lose weight and feel much better physically and mentally. It became very clear to me that I was living outside of what God has for me. He has provided a way for me to eat healthy and to get exercise and I have ignored it most of my life. I thought getting rid of drugs, alcohol and cigarettes was it, but I just traded one addiction for another. Now is the first day of the rest of my life and I want to spend it giving glory to God, listening to God, and loving God with all of my heart. I also want to thank God for giving me such a wonderful husband and partner in life that obeys God even when it is not easy. It had to be hard for Harold to speak to me about my weight, but he was very obedient to God and it will make a big difference in my life. That to me is an example of speaking out of love. I must say that if it had not been spoken out of love I would have been angry and hurt because my weight is a big area if shame in my life that the enemy has used against me for a long time. Well no more of that, God has now brought it out into the light and the enemy can no longer use it to shame me and make me feel yucky any more. So please pray for me in this area. Blessing everyone!!

No comments: