Saturday, December 12, 2009

Draw Near to God And He Will Draw Near to You

God has given us an invitation in James 4:8 and what an invitation it is. He wants us to initiate the contact and in this we determine how close we are going to be to God. I see where the more intimate I become with God the more intimate God will become with me. God desires to be with us but in that He wants us to desire being with Him. I find the more I talk to God the more He talks to me. God has so many aspects to Himself yet when it all comes down to it, all He really wants is a solid relationship with us.
Have you ever been talking with someone and they are looking off at something else or are whispering to someone or playing with their phone? If that happened I would just walk off and be very hurt or even a little mad. Well I have done this myself to God. I sat down today to just seek God and after a few minutes I found myself up looking in the fridge. Then God said to me Cherylynn you wanted to spend time with me then just as I was drawing close to you, you got up and wondered off. You did not even give Me a chance to get sat down and get comfortable before you started to wonder not only in your head but physically as well. This caught my attention (which by the way is very short). I then went back and sat down and started soaking in God. Talk about a relaxing time. The peace of God came over me and it was better than any high anyone could ever have.
I think about when John was reclining at the table with Jesus and stated " the disciple whom Jesus loved". The only way you know someone loves you is to spend time with them, lots of time. The more time I spend with the Lord the more I can see clearly how much He loves me. I work full time and have a house to maintain and a husband to look after. I sometimes feel like there is not much left for anything else, but I desire to have an intimate relationship with God and the more I tell Him this and the more I take time for Him the easier everything else becomes and time seems to just multiply. I want to love God the way in which He loves me and that can not be on a partime bases it has to be a fulltime desire.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That was very touching especially the part where God spoke to you and you responded. The benefits of rest and peace were blessed.