Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Life After 60 Years

Life has been something else these last few years. If I had one piece of advise for the young people of this day and age it is learn to eat right and teach your children to eat healthy.  I wish I would have been better at teaching my children to eat right.  Harold and I are just now finding out how important good food is to our bodies. Better late than never. We are retraining our taste buds to enjoy good foods.

The reason I find this so important is that Harold has been diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis and palindromic rheumatism. We are getting help from Nancy who has been in remission for sometime due to diet change.  She is a real blessing and is very kind to help us with this. 

We sometimes question whether we're in the right place and under the right circumstance as though God somehow lost track of us while we are in a predicament.  Then I spend way to much time and energy praying asking God to get me out of the situation instead of asking God how he would like to use me in the midst of whatever is going on. I want to use every situation to learn to be Jesus like. I want to see every problem as an opportunity.

God has given Harold a vision to get a trailer set up to take to disaster areas with chain saws, generators, gas and cooking supplies.  So today we decided that no matter how much he is hurting, we are going to look for a trailer and carry on with the vision God has given Harold.  We did find one for $1500 and are just going to believe that God will supply the money it takes to get it.  We already have a lot of the supplies needed to fill the trailer.

So if anyone wants to pray for us please pray that God supplies all the needs and encouragement to help us to keep on going forward in this endeavor God has put on Harold's heart. 

Praise God in all things and all situations for guidance and what will Glorify God.

 

No comments: